Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunday With MOM

After a long day yesterday in the sun, I went out for a drink with a friend last night. I slept in today, I love Sundays because I usually spend the day with my mom!!!! I will def miss that when I go away to school. 

My Grandma passed away in September and family time means the world to me!! I always wanted a charm bracelet. My mom passed hers down to me for my 13th birthday, and my mom has my grandmas charm bracelet. So with a lot of talking about it my mom finally got me one :)


My first charm was the justice scale- for law school. It was a tradition starting day for me :)


My charm bracelet that was made for my dad after he passed away. A few rings he gave me when I was little. The bracelet was actually something he gave me when we went to disney last, it came with the Tinkerbell charm. The nautical charms and hat are because my dad was in the coast guard! A few charms were actually charms that were his moms jewelry that we found when cleaning out.


My moms charm bracelet, my great grandma gave my mom a charm for big deals. One includes a report card, for when she received all A's one term.



We then went to get our nails done, while waiting for our nail appointment we went next door to Bed Bath and Beyond. I added to my Tervis Tumbler collection!


                                               
Not the monogrammed one I wanted but still cute!!!


One I bought when I went to visit my law school.
Thomas M. Cooley:


What are some of your favorite things to do on Sunday?

5 comments:

  1. ooh, i love charm bracelets!! i have two very full ones! i love that you put rings from your father on it-- such a good idea!! and family time is always best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I have a charm bracelet that I've been filling for years, but I hardly ever wear it. Luckily, I've heard they're in for spring, so I'll be sure to break mine out of the jewelry box. Yay for wearable memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your charm bracelets are beautiful. My grandparents have passed away recently and I know how important little things like charms can mean! You are so lucky that you get to spend that kind of time with your family I am 5 hours away from home and miss my parents and siblings like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful stories about the charm bracelets, especially the bracelet you got with your father at Disney, that has such sentimental value it is a treasure.

    I love the blog, it is so bright and fun, congratulations!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much!!!! I def love my charm bracelets!

    ReplyDelete